I see proof of this all around me. I experience mental breakthroughs while staring at the trees blowing in the wind. Solutions to difficult questions suddenly become clear to me. I discover what words to use for a challenging project, and I have the focus to determine how I want to reorganize my upcoming webinar.
If you need a longer hiatus, go on a retreat alone or with a small group. You may travel to the mountains or simply spend a few hours sitting in your local park. Today, start to appreciate the stillness of downtime. Choose to take steps to renew your energy and enjoy life.
LACE for Life Questions:
1. What are three relaxing activities that help you think with greater clarity?
2. How does downtime stimulate your creativity and foster a more positive mindset?
3. How can you disconnect from work and focus more on your family when the work day is finished?
My own principles have helped me work through both the favorable and unfavorable events in my life. I sometimes make tough decisions that are necessary for my own happiness. Some decisions that may cause unhappiness today are strategically designed to lead to happiness later on. I trust my intuition about what I need to do for tomorrow, regardless of the impact today.
When my conscience is clear, I feel at ease. I leave my nervous tendencies in the past. I avoid relying on the opinions of others to drive my decisions. Although seeking advice is helpful, I only do it to gain perspective, not to allow others to decide for me.
When I catch myself being stubborn in my thinking, I remember my responsibility to make mature decisions. Even when others are unhappy with my decisions, if I know my decisions are for the best, I refuse to change my mind.
My actions are based on my decision to seek peace and happiness.
Today, I continue to search for happiness in every aspect of my life. This is a work in progress that takes considerable effort. Situations change and cause me to make difficult decisions, but I am justified as long as I remain true to myself, and ensure that my actions match my intentions.
LACE for Life Questions:
1. When have you allowed the influence of others to change your moral position?
2. How can you ensure that your decisions are geared towards peace and happiness?
3. Why do you sometimes allow outside forces to influence you into making counterproductive or unfavorable decisions?
How do you create happiness in your everyday life?
About the Author
Energetic leaders need a coach to support them in being their best in all aspects of their life & business. I help readers turn their sob stories into SUCCESS stories!!